Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 1 ~ Today is a Gift

I have come to dislike some very bad habits I have and the negative mentality that has plagued me for years, and I have decided to finally change it all.

Negative thinking ruins my days.....and weeks....and months. It's like a big dark cloud following me around. Little does it know I actually prefer warm sunshine.

Today I spoke with a very smart colleague of mine amd she gave me wonderful advice on staying positive and becoming the person I wish to be by law of attraction. She gave me this advice from personal experience and from changing her own life so I find it quite valuable.

She reminded me that today is a gift, and so is every other day. I should be grateful to have such a good life and wonderful friends and family. By changing my outlook to that of a more positive one, i should be able to change the way I live my life and will attract more positive people and situations into my life. Some say it takes 21 days to make a new habit stick, some say it takes 66 or more. Regardless, i'm making the effort despite how long it takes because i want happiness to be my way of life every day. I love happy days. Today turned out to be a very happy today unexpectedly. My lovely colleague sent me very positive and encouraging emails, she also had two supportive phone calls with me, i got to take my dogs on a lovely walk in the warm sun after work and my boyfriend suprised me with a wonderful dinner and time to hang out. It was a beautiful day and I'm so grateful.


No comments: